Saturday, December 02, 2006

Not Initial D

Every Tuesday and Friday night, after finishing a particular night class, all of us will scramble to get home. For the two of us however, it's a little different. You see, both of us will 'race' to see who will get to the Satok Bridge first. She in her Honda Civic VX, me in my Proton Saga Iswara. Instead of Mount Akagi, there's the hills of Bukit Lintang. The winding path of Bampfylde Lane and Reservoir Road, the straight path of Simpang Tiga, Tabuan and Satok area provides ample opportunity.

It provided me with a sense of thrill - adrenaline starts to fill in my blood. My only concern is if one of the tyres burst, which could be catastrophic. There's also the concern for other motorists. But I can assure you, I do not cut lanes without signalling first, and I don't do it abruptly.

My primary complaints? Slow motorists driving in the fast lane, and motorcyclists who ride in the middle of the road and are totally oblivious to a car behind them. Obviously, they do not check their rear-view mirror.

I'll get a video if possible.

No comments: